So this recipe isn’t so healthy, but tastes oh so good. I got this of my partners step Mother, and it’s extremely simple to make and perfect for any party. Forgive the rough measurements for this recipe, it’s off the top of my head, and I don’t know them precisely.
The ingredients you will need are:
- All but the last row of a packet of chocolate ripple biscuits.
- 85g of butter
- Two blocks of dark chocolate
- 600ml of thickened cream
- Cocoa powder to dust
Let’s make this bad boy!
- Melt your butter in the microwave, and crush the chocolate biscuits.
- When the butter is melted, combine with the biscuits well.
- Line a spring form pan with baking paper ONLY.
- Lay the crushed biscuit combination evenly in the base of the pan and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Easiest way to melt it is put it in the microwave on high, and every 10 seconds stir the chocolate. This will stop it burning and melt it perfectly.
- Whilst you melting the chocolate, in another bowl whip the cream till it’s almost like mousse.
- With a wooden spoon, fold the chocolate into the whipped cream. If the mousse isn’t thick enough, whip it a little bit more.
- Pour the mousse into the pan on top of the biscuit base and spread it evenly. Then place in the fridge.
- After an hour it should be be ready to serve. Pull the sides of the pan, and carefully peel off the baking paper.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
If you would like to make this cake extra special, add a couple of shots of Kahlua to it depending on how alcoholic you want to make it.
I hope you enjoy this chocolate sensation!