To save a bit of money, I decided to make homemade beef burgers instead going out for fast food. Not only do they taste much better, but they will satisfy anyone’s hunger and are dead easy to make.
You will need to be armed with the following:
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Butter knife
- Large bowl
- Cling wrap (saran wrap)
Ingredients for our creation:
- One onion
- Three cloves of garlic
- 500g of beef mince (I always get heart tick approved mince)
- Baby spinach leaves
- One tomato
- Tasty cheese
- Hommus (I use Black Swans Roasted Garlic Hommus)
- Large fresh bread rolls
Lets get stuck in to it:
- Dice the onion and garlic and add into the bowl with the beef mince and mix with hands.
- Add a decent pinch of oregano, coriander and parsley, then continue to mix with hands.
- After mixing, make a patty shape and place on a piece of cling wrap large enough to wrap it completely. To make the patty shape, roll a desired amount of mince into a ball and then squish flat on the cling wrap and shape into a circle.
- After wrapping all patties in cling wrap, place them into the fridge and begin heating the oil in the frying pan. (We wrap our patties in cling wrap to help keep their shape and prevent them from falling apart as easily.)
- Whilst the pan is heating, slice the cheese and tomato, and spread some hommus on the bread rolls.
- Remove the patties from the fridge and fry on the pan until well browned.
- Once patties are cooked, place on bread rolls, then add cheese, tomato and baby spinach.
And there you have it! Quick, easy, delicious beef burgers.
I can make this in about 30 minutes and it takes less than ten minutes to cook. If you’re cooking for one or two people, and know you’re not going to eat 500g of beef, then freeze the burger patties that you know you’re not going to eat and save them for another day. This way you’ve got your next meal already prepared and ready to go!