With Easter creeping up on us all, chocolate cravings are beginning to kick in. Seeing as my vegan banana cake has turned out to be a success, why stop there? I’m going to go vegan crazy with some of my recipes! Sad thing though is my partner is a massive meat lover, so they will come around sparingly; that’s better than nothing though!
I found this little beauty on VeganBaking.net and thought it would worthy of a try. Even though it says cake recipe, this is best for your normal brownie recipe and leaves you with moist, soft brownies. Don’t worry about your carnivorous counterparts; I’ve tried and tested it with my own, and it was a huge success.
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
Let’s rip into this:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350F) and prepare your baking tin with baking spray or baking paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together until well combined, and do the same for your wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients whilst mixing.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, and test with a skewer in the middle. If the skewer comes out clean it’s ready to be removed from the oven
- Allow the brownie to be completely cooled before removing it from the tin. Serve and enjoy!
Incredibly easy, and delicious. Good luck!